Sunday, September 13, 2015

Let's Fight

As I sit in my quiet place tonight, I can hear the tree frogs and all of the night sounds outside.  I have just returned home from watching the movie -War Room at our local theater for the second time in two days. 


It is a wonderful God inspired movie but it didn’t tell me anything that I didn’t already know.  It did, however, reaffirm in me what I should be doing. 


I have all of my life said I want to be a better Christian but until a couple of years ago, I had never really done anything about it.  I went on a Walk to Emmaus and heard a talk on Growth through Study (You grow through reading and studying God’s word).  That did it; that taught me that there are different ways to help me better understand God’s word.  Everyone is different and has different ways of learning.  We each need to find what works best and stick with it. I am very bad about comparing myself to other Christians, always thinking they are better Christians than me.  But the Bible says and I am learning that we all sin and come short.   While I feel I have deficiencies in some areas, I have strength in others.  I am pretty good about showing people God’s love.  I love to encourage people, love on them, and nurture them.  I love talking to people and even going out of my way just to help them if possible.  Studying and growing in Christ helps me.

Now this movie, War Room has built a fire in me, a passion to fight on my knees for the lost and dying world, the sick, and the lonely.  


In our homes we need to turn off the tv’s and teach our children and our grandchildren what is most important and that is communicating with God.  Talking with Him is a two-way-street because we talk to God and He listens, and God talks to us and we need to stop and listen.  


I am learning that slowing down to listen is a good habit for me to develop in my prayer time.  I tend to tell God all of my concerns and requests and then amen and off I go onto something else.  I believe we all have so many things that we need to go to God about, but we also have to stop and listen to what He has to say.  I
 guess what I’m trying to say is let’s all make ourselves a War Room and take God more serious! I’m not saying add on a room to your house or clear out your already crowded closet.  Let’s just start with a few quiet minutes before bed or each morning before the house wakes up or even during our lunch times.  Let’s get serious about a two way conversation with Christ.  Let’s get to fighting!
 


Blessings, Carmella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this blog encourage you? We would love to hear how!